Thursday, June 25, 2009

Edible Skin Care







As a creative person on and off the clock I keep myself busy experimenting and creating. I have written quite a few articles on skin care and makeup for national and local publications and recall an article I had written about creating skin care in the kitchen. I love cooking almost as much as I love makeup and skin, so I experimented a little and came up with a mask. You can also add oatmeal and use this recipe as an exfoliant. Here is a list of the ingredients I used. You can add or modify as you see fit. This is best for normal to oily skin. If you have rosacea or sensitive skin eliminate the fruit.

1/2 cup of mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry and raspberry)

1/3 cup of granulated sugar

3 TBL of Honey

1/4 cup of whole alomonds

2 TBL of milk (I used almond milk)

splash of lemon juice

Mix well in a blender and apply evenly onto face and neck, avoiding the eyes.

Leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinse and apply olive oil by itself or mixed with a lavender essential oil (or oil of your choice) for a moisturizer. Your face will feel squeaky clean and moisturized.

The Folic acid in the strawberries and lime juice will give you a tingling feeling, if it gets to be too much just add more honey to calm it down.

With the remainder drizzle on some salmon, salad or creamy brie cheese. Delicious!


Or add some whip cream with the remainder and use it as a dip for other fruits and cheeses. MMMMMM! Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment